Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 2, 2019 12:20 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

the Coverciano complex were responsible

FLORENCE, Italy -- Police had to intervene after Mario Balotelli was subjected to racist chants at Italys World Cup training base on Wednesday. Adam Jones Jersey . Kids outside the Coverciano complex were responsible for the chants, and Balotelli appeared visibly disturbed. The training session was open to media, and Balotelli could be heard saying as he ran by reporters, "Only in Rome and Florence are they that stupid." While most of the fans cheered for Balotelli, police approached the area where the chants came from and they quickly ended. Balotelli was born in Sicily to Ghanaian immigrants and brought up by an Italian foster family. He has faced racist chants throughout his professional career. "Its unbelievable that in 2014 we still have this form of racism," Balotellis fellow forward, Ciro Immobile, said. "Its not great for the nation. We represent Italy." Immobile, from the Naples area, noted how insulting anti-Naples chants have pervaded Serie A stadiums recently. "When I hear that it saddens me, because I have a lot of pride in my city," Immobile said. Balotelli was also the focus of much speculation on racist abuse before the 2012 European Championship, and UEFA placed spotters inside stadiums, resulting in fan behaviour by Spain and Croatia being sanctioned. FIFA claims it will have zero tolerance for racism at the World Cup but has not announced plans yet on how it will control behaviour inside stadiums. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . No, the San Antonio star didnt announce retirement plans during an off day at the NBA Finals on Wednesday. Yasmany Tomas Diamondbacks Jersey . -- Felix Girard scored on the power play in the third period to lift the Baie-Comeau Drakkar past the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Friday.Toronto city councillor Karen Stintz, who dropped out of the citys mayoral race on Thursday, has a new goal in mind. In an interview with The National Post, Stintz said that she is interested in applying for commissioner of the Canadian Football League.  "Well, I am a football fan," Stintz told The Post. "I think that would be a great job. That is definitely a job that I would want to do. It is open now." Current CFL commissioner Mark Coohon announced this week that hed be stepping down from the position next spring. Jarrod Dyson Diamondbacks Jersey. Cohon has held the position since 2007. Stintz, 44, has been a Toronto councillor since 2003 and withdrew as a candidate for the mayoral election after a lack of support and funds. "This has impacted my financial ability to continue. Absent a more substantial level of support I must conclude my efforts," she said during a news conference. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel