Xchange (Forums) Xchange (Forums) Art/Creativity
  • Topic: there was no clear return date in sight.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 15, 2018 9:10 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

there was no clear return date in sight.

CLEVELAND – What a difference a year makes. Matt Wile Jersey . Twelve months ago Jose Reyes spent part of April on the disabled list with a severely sprained left ankle but there was no clear return date in sight. On Saturday, Reyes was back from a strained left hamstring. There was greater clarity this time around. He didnt expect to be out much longer than the 15 days he was required to spend on the disabled list. Turns out he was right. "Real happy just to be back with my teammates, see my guys again," said Reyes. "More happy that Im going to be on the field, playing and doing what I love to do, just play baseball." The Blue Jays technically went 9-7 in Reyes absence but he was a non-factor on Opening Day, reinjuring the hamstring that gave him trouble during spring training while running to first base in his lead off at-bat. In fact, when Reyes took his shortstop position on Saturday afternoon it was his first time in the field this season. For manager John Gibbons, who been able to field his preferred lineup far too infrequently since the start of last year, the return of Reyes means an opportunity to reset the lineup. "Its the way its supposed to look," said Gibbons. "Hopefully he gets us going a little bit more. He adds a little bit more offence. Its good to have him back." Just as Reyes returns, the Jays formally lose Adam Lind through at least April 30 after he was placed on the disabled list with stiffness in his lower back. In steps Juan Francisco, who hit 18 home runs in 348 bats for the Atlanta Braves and Milwuakee Brewers last season. Like Lind, Francisco will be a designated hitter who can spell Edwin Encarnacion at first base. Hell likely start at first base on Sunday. Francisco can play third base in a pinch, although he didnt get the call up for his defence. Since signing a minor league deal with the Blue Jays on April 2 following his spring release by the Brewers, Francisco has posted a .341/.420/.568 slash line with two home runs and 11 RBI for the Triple-A Buffalo Bisons. Blue Jays brass wrestled with the decision, Francisco or Dan Johnson, whos also off to a strong start with Buffalo (.318/.466/.591, three home runs, 10 RBI). "Francisco worked out, he can hit a little bit," said Gibbons. "Hes got some juice in that bat so hopefully he can add something while Lindys out." Its one of baseballs mysteries as to why a guy like Francisco cant find a permanent home in the major leagues. Hes a left-handed bat and while not a batting average or on-base machine, at 26 years old and with his fourth big league Franciscos been around long enough to be, at the very least, a contributor off the bench. "Ive got no idea," said Gibbons. "Guys that make it in the big leagues and establish themselves, there have got to be some opportunities. I know hes had some opportunities but its got to be in the right organization. Theyve got to like you. Theyve got to throw you out there no matter what. But hes got some talent. Hopefully he shows up." DIAZ READY FOR ANYTHING Now that Jose Reyes has returned, Munenori Kawasaki is back in Buffalo, and with the Blue Jays committed to giving Ryan Goins the majority of playing time at second base, especially against right-handed pitching, Jonathan Diaz settles into a utility role. Diaz hasnt played much outfield in his professional career but hes worked hard on the craft during batting practice. "Ive always loved to shag my entire career ever since I can remember," said Diaz. "Every time Im done my ground balls I go out there and power shag and I enjoy it. I feel like thats prepared me throughout my life to be ready for this opportunity." The Blue Jays transferred Maicer Izturis to the 60-day list, formalizing his protracted absence, and despite his selection over Kawasaki, Diaz lamented the tough decisions that had to be made. "I was just saying earlier, were all buddies, we all wish we could all stick around," said Diaz. "Kawasakis such a great teammate but, you know, thats the way the game goes. Luckily I was able to stick around and Im going to go out there and work hard at every position I can because I know Im going to be that guy filling in a role." Trevor Siemian Jersey .J. - Henrik Lundqvist has done more than set a couple of franchise records for the New York Rangers this week. Kyle Sloter Jersey . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. The New York Rangers have a mix of proven veterans and interesting young players and it will be interesting to see how they are deployed under a new coach, Alain Vigneault, who has established his tendency to start his best scorers more frequently in the offensive zone. Top Picks: There are no sure things when it comes to goaltending, with fluctuations from year to year in many cases, but Rangers G Henrik Lundqvist is pretty close to being a safe selection. Over the last four seasons, Lundqvist has a .924 save percentage and the only goaltender to play at least 25 games and record a save percentage over .920 in all four years. RW Rick Nash can take some heat for his playoff performance, when he scored one goal and five points in 12 games, but his 0.95 points per game during the regular season was his second-best in the last seven years and was a career-best plus-16 in 44 games. Since 2003-2004, Nash has scored 293 goals, ranking fifth, and hes still just 29-years-old, so he fits as a top-five right winger, likely going in the first couple rounds of most drafts. Coming off a breakout season, in which he scored 44 points in 48 games, C Derek Stepan is still looking for a new contract, but presuming that he gets into the Rangers lineup, the 23-year-old has to be considered a valuable fantasy commodity. In the last three seasons, Stepan is one of 15 forwards to have 140 points and a plus-40 rating and hes just hitting his prime. Captain Ryan Callahan has scored 109 goals over the last five seasons, ranking 46th, and is perennially among the league leaders in hits, but hes also recovering from off-season shoulder surgery and is not expected to be ready for the start of the season. In three seasons (well, 169 games) D Ryan McDonagh is one of five defencemen to have at least 50 points and a plus-50 rating. Even if hes not a huge scorer, as a No. 3 fantasy defencemen, hes a fine option. With a little more offence to his game, D Michael Del Zotto has 62 points over the last two seasons, ranking 21st among defencemen. Again, as a No. 3 defenceman, he offers good value. Value Plays: Much-maligned for his playoff performance, when he was a healthy scratch with the Rangers season on the line, C Brad Richards is looking for a fresh start with a new coach and while the 33-year-old isnt likely to return to point-per-game scoring, he can do better than the careeer-low 0. Cris Carter Jersey. 4 points per game he had last season. As a high-end No. 3 centre, Richards could be a savvy pick. LW Carl Hagelin has been an effective complementary scorer in his first two NHL seasons, scoring 62 points in 112 games but, like Callahan, hes recovering from offseason shoulder surgery and isnt expected to be ready for the start of the season. However, once hes healthy, Hagelin is a good bet to have a spot in the top six. The Rangers have a couple more defencemen that can provide value, in large part because they play so much. Dan Girardi has topped out at 31 points in a season, yet hes a valuable blueliner in leagues that count hits and blocked shots since hes recorded 686 hits and 726 blocks over the last four seasons. Marc Staals career-high is 29 points and hes coming off a serious eye injury, but if hes playing 24 minutes a night, as he was before getting hurt, he could be productive enough to have fantasy value. Sleepers/Breakthrough: After arriving in New York last season, as part of the return for Marian Gaborik, Derick Brassard scored 23 points in 25 (regular season plus playoff) games, a decided improvement on several seasons of disappointing production in Columbus. If he gets utilized with offensive linemates -- not easy with Stepan and Richards on the depth chart -- Brassard could push for a career-best season. LW Mats Zuccarello returned to the Rangers following a season in the KHL, tallying 15 points in 27 (regular season plus playoff) games. With Hagelin out to start the year, that could be the opening that Zuccarello needs to secure a spot on a scoring line right from the start.   Rookies: LW Chris Kreider is full of potential, even if his 2012-2013 season was a bit of a bust with 23 points in 48 AHL games and three points in 23 games with the Rangers. Kreider will have a new opportunity to earn more playing time and if he uses his size and speed, he could be a productive complementary winger. The Rangers also have Swedish forwards Oscar Lindberg and Jesper Fasth and Danny Kristo, acquired from Montreal, as prospects that could earn their way into a regular spot in the lineup, but they wont have value until they arrive. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys ChinaWholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel