Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 24, 2019 12:05 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

to an injury to Chris Weidman.

Michael Bisping has exclusively told Sky Sports that he must win his upcoming UFC world championship fight quickly because he lacks the fitness to last the distance. Brad Hunt Golden Knights Jersey . The Lancashire veteran has been drafted into the UFC 199 main event against middleweight champion Luke Rockhold at less than three weeks notice due to an injury to Chris Weidman. Bisping gets title shot He could become first Brit to win UFC belt Yet Bisping, who has patiently waited a decade and could become Britains first UFC champion, admits the chaotic realities of fighting Rockhold on short notice do not favour him because hes spent the past month on a movie set. I need to put him away because five rounds favour him, lets be realistic about that. Michael Bisping Its not perfect circumstances but this is my lifestyle, he told Sky Sports in an exclusive interview. Its short-notice, so bittersweet, but Ive worked a lifetime for this.I need to put him away because five rounds favour him, lets be realistic about that. Hell be in better shape than me because hes been preparing for 10 weeks for a world title fight and Ive been filming a movie. Michael Bisping (left) aims a left hook at Luke Rockhold in 2014 Hell look to drag this into a five-round war where hes got the advantage, thats a fact. Ive got to take him out early so Ill go back to my younger days - live by the sword, die by the sword.Ive got two-and-a-half weeks - my weight isnt too bad so Ill have to go on an extreme diet, but I wouldnt have it any other way. Two-and-a-half weeks of intense, crazy work.I actually texted [UFC president] Dana White on Tuesday saying, If someone is hurt, Ill take it. I pitched my case. The first time I heard was the UFC announcement. Michael Bisping (left) evades a punch from Luke Rockhold Bisping has already met Rockhold and came off worse, dropping to a submission defeat in 2014 amid heated personal animosity.The rivalry was sparked by Bispings insistence that he had triumphed in a behind-closed-doors sparring session and that fateful tale still instills belief.Ive fought this guy before in the gym then we fought for real, its 1-1, the 37-year-old said. Michael Bisping appeals to the referee after being cut above the eye by Luke Rockhold He never hurt me with anything. He head-butted me in the first round which opened a nasty cut. Up until that point it was going very smoothly. Congratulations to him for getting the job done but there were mitigating circumstances.Nobody was in there except for me and him - I know how he felt, and the strength of his kicks and punches. Those things make me comfortable in taking this next fight.Bispings most recent outing was a career-best win against former middleweight champion Anderson Silva at Londons O2 Arena, with Rockhold watching from ringside. Rockhold can be as smug as he likes but when I dropped him in sparring, he certainly felt it. Michael Bisping Prior to that fight Rockhold told Sky Sports that if we fought again I wouldnt need to keep my hands up which drew laughter from Bisping.The Brit replied: Im pretty sure Anderson said the same thing but he got dropped twice and out-boxed consistently. Rockhold can be as smug as he likes but when I dropped him in sparring, he certainly felt it. Well see how smug he is after the fight.This isnt a case of cashing in and trying to earn a few quid before calling it quits. I just beat the greatest of all time, Silva, and Im the only person to legitimately beat him.This is my destiny, I love the way its come together. Rockhold exclusive Champ spoke to Sky Sports and predicts three-minute win Also See: Bisping gets UFC title shot UFC Jake Bischoff Golden Knights Jersey . A last-minute leveler ensured the two-time defending champion remained nine points ahead of Roma, which drew 0-0 at bitter rival Lazio in the capital derby. Jonathan Marchessault Golden Knights Jersey . The CFL will help tackle womens cancers by playing four special "CFL PINK" games this weekend.Lawrence, KS (SportsNetwork.com) - Kelly Oubre, Jr. posted 19 points to go with nine rebounds, as No. 11 Kansas put together a late rally to subdue 19th- ranked Oklahoma, 85-78, in a battle of long-time conference rivals from Allen Fieldhouse. Perry Ellis totaled 16 points and eight boards for the Jayhawks (15-3, 4-1 Big 12), while Cliff Alexander contributed 13 points and 13 rebounds for the hosts. Buddy Hields game-high 26 points wasnt enough for the Sooners (12-6, 2-4). Isaiah Cousins had 18 points and Ryan Spangler picked up 13 with 10 rebounds in defeat. Kansas held a 39-19 lead in the first half, but Oklahoma completely reversed momentum thanks to an extended 22-11 run in the second half which ended on a three-point play by Hield which gave the visitors a 69-65 advantage inside five minutes left in regulation. The Jayhawks didnt assume the lead again until a triple from Brannen Green produced a 73-71 edge with 3:24 to play off a missed field goal from Oubre. Frank Mason followed with a bucket and a four-point margin before Cousins converted from long distance on the Sooners next touch. But the hoosts got some breathing room on Alexanders slam and an Oubre jumper sandwiched around back-to-back misses from beyond the arc by Hield and Cousins. David Perron Golden Knights Jersey. . Hield made two free throws to close Oklahomas gap to 79-76, but Oubre hit an easy layup with 55 seconds to go and the visitors never threatened down the stretch. Kansas established the outside game early on, connecting on six consecutive treys which ballooned its lead from 10-9 to 39-19 with 8:18 left in the first half. Devonte Graham hit the final shot from distance in the mega run. Wayne Seldens bucket gave the Jayhawks a 51-32 lead at the break, and when Jordan Woodard capped a three-point play just over five minutes into the second half, the Sooners deficit was finally below double digits at 53-44. Game Notes Kansas shot a blistering 10-of-19 from long range and connected on 29- of-60 shots from the field overall (48.3 percent) ... Oklahoma converted 18- of-21 free throws but the Jayhawks were good on just 17-of-25 ... The Sooners dished out 13 assists as a team but committed 13 turnovers. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel