Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 1, 2018 9:05 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Dwight Howard had 24 points and 18 r

HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets had trouble hitting shots and finding a rhythm through the first three quarters against New Orleans on Saturday night, doing just enough to hang with the Pelicans. Jalen Brunson Jersey . In the fourth, the Rockets -- led by James Harden and Jeremy Lin for a second straight game -- were able to finish things off. Dwight Howard had 24 points and 18 rebounds, and Harden scored 11 of his 21 points in the fourth quarter in the Rockets 107-98 comeback victory. "It was winning time," Harden said. "I was struggling the first three quarters and couldnt find the rhythm when my teammates needed me the most. We got the ball moving and Jeremy made a couple of good threes. Chandler (Parsons) had a good put back and then Dwight got an and-one. Everybody picked up the intensity a little bit." It was the second straight game Houston rallied in the fourth for a win and marked the first time since December 2009 that the Rockets have won three straight games within the division. Houston beat San Antonio on Christmas and topped Memphis on Thursday night. "We didnt shoot it well," Houston coach Kevin McHale said. "I know at one time I looked up, I thought we were two for 19 from the three-point line. It felt like they made every three. They were 10 for 22. ... We found a way to win, but it was another in a long line of games that feel like you are pulling teeth." Howard was 10 of 12 from the floor, helping to keep Houston in the game through the first three quarters with 20 points in that span. "I just tried to play out of the double team," Howard said. "When they doubled, I tried to make the good play, and when they didnt double, I tried to make the better play for myself." Parsons added 19 points and seven rebounds, and Terrence Jones had 17 points and eight rebounds to help Houston win its third straight game and snap New Orleans winning streak at two. Lin had all 10 of his points in the fourth quarter after scoring 14 of his 18 points in the fourth against Memphis. The Rockets made three of five 3-point attempts in the fourth quarter after going 3 of 21 from long range in the first three quarters. "Its definitely not the ideal plan or ideal strategy," Lin said. "Im thankful Coach McHale let me keep going. I was able to finally get a little bit of a rhythm in the last two games. I have to do a much, much better job and be more aggressive in the first three quarters." Houston was 25 of 32 from the free-throw line, while New Orleans was 6 of 8. "Anything I say is going to get me in trouble," New Orleans coach Monty Williams said about the free-throw difference. "OK, so lets just leave it at that. Thirty-two to eight." Ryan Anderson had 22 points and 12 rebounds for New Orleans. Anthony Davis added 18 points and 16 rebounds, and Tyreke Evans had 16 points and nine assists. "I think we really didnt execute down the stretch," Evans said. "It was a tough loss. I think we played hard and fought, but in the fourth quarter, our execution wasnt that good. They hit some big shots. ... They were shooting it from far out, and it kind of tough, but they made their shots, and we cant do anything about that." After New Orleans opened a 92-88 lead with 4:54 left on Davis alley-oop dunk, Jones started Houston on a game-ending 19-6 run with a three-point play. Following Davis jumper, Lin tied it at 94 with a 3-pointer with 3 1/2 minutes remaining. Then, Harden put the Rockets ahead for good with a 3-pointer to give with 3:14 remaining. "We were in it the whole game, and we were giving ourselves a chance to win the game," Davis said. "We tried to send a couple of guys at Dwight and give him different looks. He found Jeremy Lin in the corner for a three and then James came down and hit a three. They just made big shots, and we didnt execute at the end. We have to come out and know what were running and execute." NOTES: New Orleans guard Eric Gordon sat out his second straight game because of a right hip contusion. ... Houston forward Greg Smith missed his fourth straight game with a sprained right knee. DeAndre Jordan Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Steve Nash Jersey . -- LeGarrette Blount wasnt satisfied with three short touchdown runs, not against a team coming off the second greatest comeback in playoff history.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hi Kerry, In the first period of Mondays Canucks-Kings game, Tom Sestito of Vancouver was assessed a five-minute penalty for fighting, a two-minute penalty for instigating and a 10-minute and game misconduct for repeatedly punching unwilling combatant Jordan Nolan. Im a Canucks fan, but Im disgusted by these one-sided attacks and think it was the right call. Nevertheless, I was surprised that the five-minute penalty was called "fighting," as "fighting" penalties are usually given to both players involved in the fight! How come the one player fighting major isnt called for other one-sided attacks like the infamous Emery on Holtby incident on Nov. 1? In your response to that debacle you rightly emphasized the importance of referees separating the players quickly, but didnt mention they could assess a five-minute fighting penalty to one player only! Ryan McCormick,Vancouver, BC Ryan: As you pointed out, the correct penalties were assessed to Tom Sestito in his one-sided altercation/attack against Jordan Nolan. Since Nolan was an "unwilling combatant," the onus and responsibility was on Sestito to stop punching the LA King or be subjected to Rule 46.2 as the "aggressor" (the aggressor in an altercation shall be the player who continues to throw punches in an attempt to inflict punishment on his opponent who is in a defenseless position or who is an unwilling combatant). Tom Sestitos actions clearly qualified him as the aggressor in this altercation. I scored the punch count six direct hits by Sestito to the head area of Nolan. Jordan Nolan, on the other hand, was undeserving of a penalty on the play because he did nothing in response to being continually punched by Sestito; even to the point of keeping his gloves and stick in his hands. Each player is penalized based on their actions and response during an altercation. The penalties assessed to Tom Sestito became accumulative when Sestito dropped his gloves immediately after an end zone faceoff, travelled the short distance to Jordan Nolan and began unloading punches. Based on the rules, these actions qualified this altercation as a fight and clearly identified Sestito as the instigator (Rule 46.11). In thhe November 1 altercation you reference, Ray Emery left his goal crease and charged the length of the ice to fight with Brayden Holtby. Luka Doncic Jersey. The Washington goalkeeper reluctantly dropped his gloves and was forced to defend himself when referee Francois St.-Laurent was unable to intervene and restrain Emery from the deliberate attack. The punches that Holtby threw in self-defense were deserving of a five minute fighting major. Brayden Holtby would not have been assessed a five minute fighting major if he had turtled or failed to respond in the same manner as Jordan Nolan did last night in L.A.  As you see, Ryan, it is possible for the referee to assess a fighting major to one player only. If that were the case it would be in addition to the appropriate instigator penalties. Aside from the additional minor penalty for leaving his goal crease on November 1, Ray Emery received the same penalties that Tom Sestito was assessed in last nights game; two minutes plus a 10-minute misconduct for instigating; five minutes for fighting; and a game-misconduct as the aggressor.  There is no question that Vancouver intended to send the Kings a strong message and push back from their previous meeting of January 4, which sidelined Canucks goalkeeper Roberto Luongo. The fuse was lit!  It only took nine seconds before Zack Kassian was penalized for dragging Dustin Brown around with his hockey stick firmly hooked between Browns legs after chatting the Kings captain up prior to the opening faceoff. Tom Sestito only lasted a second on his first shift of the game for speed bagging Jordan Nolan who, by the way, should have been penalized for charging Henrik Sedin. A timely penalty call against Nolan would have been a perfect opportunity for the refs to send a message of their own in an effort to establish some control and to bring the temperature down early. It was a gift handed to the men in stripes that was ultimately rejected! It became a constant uphill battle for them from that point in the game. In the end, it was Dustin Brown that once again did the most damage by scoring the only goal of the game early in the third period for a Kings win. I dont think the expression "time heals all wounds" will apply when these teams meet next on April 5 in Vancouver. All eyes will be focused on that matchup; including the refs as well. Cheap Nike Chiefs Jerseys Chargers Jerseys China Wholesale Raiders Jerseys China Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Giants Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Eagles Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Redskins Jerseys Lions Jerseys China Green Bay Packers Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Vikings Jerseys China Panthers Jerseys China Saints Jerseys China Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Nike Rams Jerseys 49ers Jerseys China Wholesale Seahawks Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bears Jerseys Bills Jerseys China Cheap Nike Ravens Jerseys Cheap Falcons Jerseys Hoodies ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel