Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 4, 2019 1:20 PM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

led to reduced velocity on his pitches. T

TORONTO - Minnesota Twins right-hander Mike Pelfrey has undergone elbow surgery and will be sidelined for at least two months. Grey Air Max 2018 . Pelfrey, who had Tommy John surgery on the same elbow in 2012, had scar tissue removed Tuesday to relieve pressure on a nerve. The problem had been causing tingling in his fingers since spring training and led to reduced velocity on his pitches. The surgery was performed by Dr. James Andrews, who also operated on Pelfrey in 2012. A nine-year veteran who has also pitched for the New York Mets, Pelfrey is 0-3 with a 7.99 ERA in five starts this season. Pelfrey has been sidelined since May 2 with a strained left groin, and his velocity dropped even more while he was pitching at Triple-A on a rehab assignment. That led to tests, which revealed the nerve issue. Wholesale Air Max 2018 Free Shipping . The win gives Canada its fifth title at the World Sledge Hockey Challenge. "Weve got to keep pushing," said Westlake, who led Canada with five goals in the tournament. "The second you let off the pedal, everyone catches up. Black Air Max 2018 Outlet . The Yankees made the moves before Tuesdays game against Baltimore. Robertson was listed retroactive to Monday. Robertson posted two saves in three games as the replacement for retired Yankees closer Mariano Rivera before getting hurt.LONDON -- Milos Raonic defeated wild-card entry Nick Kyrgios of Australia 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) Wednesday to become the first Canadian man in more than 100 years to reach the Wimbledon semifinals. Raonic finished the contest with his 39th ace on his fourth match point, earning a semifinal matchup against seven-time champion Roger Federer. "Ive always wanted to play well here, to change my luck around like this is pretty special. Its another step forward," Raonic said. "My goal is to be the best in the world and this is one of the steps you have to take toward that goal Its what I dream of -- achieving on the big stage." The 144th-ranked Kyrgios, who upset Rafael Nadal in the fourth round on Tuesday, was attempting to become the first wild card to make the semifinals at a Grand Slam since Goran Ivaanisevic at Wimbledon in 2001. Cheap Air Max 2018. Raonic is the first Canadian mens singles player to reach the semifinals at a Grand Slam since William Johnston at the 1923 U.S. Championships. The last Canadian man to reach the Wimbledon semis was Robert Powell in 1908. Raonic has not beaten Federer in four career matches, including a three-set Federer win at a 2012 grass-court event in Halle, Germany. Their only Grand Slam matchup was at the fourth round of the 2013 Australian Open, where Federer won in straight sets. "This will be another big challenge for me, one that Ill relish," Raonic said. "I want to put myself out there in these positions. Ill give my all and well see what happens." Federer moved on to the semifinal with a 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4, 6-4 win over fellow Swiss Stan Wawrinka. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel